Monday, January 2, 2023

Balkan and Israeli folk dance classes will be starting up again in the first week of January 2023, and both classes will now be held at Herman Sons Hall, 860 Western, Petaluma.

Balkan/International class will be on Mondays 7-9 p.m. First session is January 9-April 24; second session runs from May 1-July 13 (no classes on May 29 or July 3). Requests are always welcome. We'll continue to review and dance Stamena (Bulgaria) and Hora Anton Pann (Romania), and I'll also be introducing two new dances I have choreographed done to music from Ukraine.

Israeli folk dancing will start on January 12 and run through March 8; second session will be March 1-April 27. The first hour of this class is beginning/intermediate dancing; second hour will be intermediate and advanced dances, with lots of time for requests. I'll be teaching a (new to me) Avak Hadrachim, a lovely waltz as well as introducing a dance I choreographed to a wild and fun version of Adon Olam.

Beginners, newcomers and drop-ins are always welcome. Please feel free to contact me for more information at cjay@horizoncable.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment