Wednesday, April 27, 2011
The final class of the current session of Monday night folk dancing in Petaluma is Monday, May 2, 7-9:15 p.m. We'll celebrate the coming of spring and the session's end with an informal party, dancing to requests and old and new favorites. Summer dancing will start on June 6 and go through August 1.
Folk dance classes in Point Reyes continue on Wednesdays 7:15-8:30 p.m. through June 1 (no class on May 18). We're learning these great dances: Romanalul de la Bolitin and Joc Batranesc (Rumania), Indiske Cocek (Rom), Sedi Donka and Drijanovska Racenica (Bulgaria), and a new line dance I've choreographed to music by the Ukrainian band Leningrad that I'm calling Russian Rumba. In June and July, I'll be offering two 3-week line dance workshops in Point Reyes, introducing more new dances I've choreographed plus teaching a wide variety of line dances from around the world.
And do mark your calendars for another fun night of Turkish food and dancing on Monday, May 16, 6-8:30 p.m., at Afendi's Turkish Grill, 499 N. McDowell, Petaluma.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Monday night folk dancing in Petaluma continues through May 2 as follows:
- April 11 - Teach/review Eilat, Kak Po Logu, Melnik
- April 18 - no class
- April 25 - Review of all the dances taught this session
- May 2 - End of session party
- Summer session - June 6-August 1 (no dancing July 4)
Here's the Point Reyes class schedule:
- April 20-June 2 (no class May 19) - New folk dance session on Wednesdays 7:15-8:30 p.m.
- April 12, May 3 & 17 - Swing & Salsa on Tuesdays 7:15-8:30 p.m.
- New summer line dance classes will be starting in June (featuring new lines dances I have choregraphed to a great variety of music)!